Dr.Naseer Ahmad Nasir (Urdu: نصیر احمد ناصر) was a notable Islamic scholar and philosopher from Pakistan, born in 1910.
His biography of Muhammad, Paighambar e Azam O Aakhir, was one of the most important biographical works in Islam of recent times, and in 1978 it was selected as one of the best biographies of Muhammad by Rabita al-Alam al-Islami of the Muslim World League at Saudi Arabia.
He also wrote numerous books on philosophy, aesthetics, and Islam. In 1977 he was appointed the Vice Chancellor of Islamia University, Bahawalpur.
Dr.Naseer Ahmad Nasir's important contribution to philosophy was his research on Aesthetics and its foundations in Quran. This work eventually was published in a book Jamaliaat Quran e Hakeem Ki Roshani Mai (Aesthetics in the light of Quran).
Dr. Naseer Ahmad Nasir has authored more than 20 books. Some of his books are mentioned below:
- Aakhri Tamana, (Final desire)
- Arzoo e Hussan, (The desire of beauty)
- Falsafa Tauheed, (The philosophy of Tauheed)
- Falsfa Hussan, (The philosophy of beauty)
- Hareef e Adam, (The enemy of Adam)
- Hussan e Inkalaab, (The beautiful revolution)
- Islami Moashray Ki Tameer e Nau, (The reconstruction of Islamic society)
- Jamaliaat Quran e Hakeem Ki Roshani Mai, (Aesthetics in the light of Quran)
- Kitab i Zindagi, (The book of life)
- Paighambar e Azam O Aakhir, (The greatest and final Prophet)
- Rudad i Safar i Hijaz, (The account of the journey to Hijaz)
- Quran O Insaan Falsafa Akhirat, (Quran and Man, the philosophy of judgment day)
- Quran O Insan Falsafa Risalat (Quran and Man, the philosophy of prophethood)
- Shaitan Ka Jamaliati Faraib (The aesthatic attack of Satan)
- Sir Guzshat e Falsafa (I), (The story of philosophy, part 1)
- Sir Guzshat e Falsafa (II), (The story of philosophy, part 2)
- Soach (thinking)
- Tarb O Karab, (The suffering and pain)
- Tareekh e Jamaliaat (Jild Awal), (The story of Aesthetics, Vol. I)
- Tareekh e Jamaliaat (Jild Doaim), (The story of Aesthetics, Vol. II)